You will love this delicious and healthy bowtie pasta and roasted vegetable recipe that I discovered in my mom’s collection of homemade recipes. This recipe is ideal for people like myself who are new to cooking. If you are busy and struggle to find the time to cook healthy dinners, I recommend this recipe. It only takes 20 – 25 minutes. It is healthy and so so tasty. If you are interested in other recipes that are similar to this one I recommend some of the simple and delicious recipes from the The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook. As a fan of the popular cooking show, Barefoot Contessa on the Food Network, my mom was always trying her hand at some of Ida’s recipes. This cookbook includes some really classic recipes in which she uses only the freshest ingredients. I highly recommend this book if you like to cook simple and healthy food that you and your whole family will enjoy!
For this recipe you will need:
1 bunch of scallions roughly chopped
1 Bell pepper
2 pints of grape tomatoes halved
2 garlic cloves
3 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar – I recommend Briannas Creamy Balsamic Vinaigrette because it is made with premium balsamic dressing and contains all natural ingredients. And of course, it tastes great! You can use it on salads, too.
8 oz of bowties
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Using a kitchen knife roughly chop scallions, zucchini and bell peppers. Then add ingredients to a large mixing bowl and mix them together.
- Next, chop up 2 garlic cloves and add them to the mixture
- Then, cut 2 pints of grape tomatoes into halves. Add ingredients to bowl and then mix.
- Add three tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar to the ingredients in bowl and then mix.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Boil a large pot of salted water and then add the pasta. Cook the pasta for about 6 minutes. Then drain the pasta when finished.
- Mix the bowtie pasta in with the vegetables. Then, add three tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar and 1 table spoon of olive oil. Mix again.
- Finally, pour vegetables and pasta on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.